My PhD dissertation
S. Lazem. “Analysis of the relationships between changes in distributed system behavior and group dynamics”. PhD thesis, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA, 2012.
The link from Virginia Tech Library: http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/theses/available/etd-04092012-131309/
B. Jones, Y. Gadallah, & S. Lazem, “Facebook debate: facilitating international, intercultural knowledge exchange and collaboration in the field of international intellectual property law”. The Law Teacher, 2019 . http://doi.org/10.1080/03069400.2018.1537170
- A. Preston, S. Lazem, A. Kharrufa, B. Pursglove and P. Olivier, “Supporting the smart teacher: an agenda for the use of embedded sensing in novel learning spaces”, Smart Learning Environments, 2018, 5:19, https://doi.org/10.1186/s40561-018-0068-8
- A. Preston, C. Carr, S. Lazem, B. Pursglove, A. Kharrufa, P. Olivier, and S. Mitra “SOLE Coding: Towards a Practitioner-Led Development Framework for the Teaching of Computational Thinking”, a chapter in “Creating the Coding Generation: How to bring coding to your primary school practice”, Book edited by Steve Humble, October 2017
ACM DEV ’16 Proceedings of the 7th Annual Symposium on Computing for Development, 2016
- S. Lazem, K. Bassuony, M. Gaber, K. Hanafy, and M. Farag, “On Using Games to Enhance the Learning Experience in Egypt“, IEEE Technical Committee on Learning Technology (IEEE TCLT) Bulletin, Vol. 17, Issue 4, December 2015.
- S. Lazem, M. Webster, W. Holmes, and M. Wolf, “Games and Diabetes: A Review Investigating Theoretical Frameworks, Evaluation Methodologies, and Opportunities for Design Grounded in Learning Theories”, J Diabetes Sci Technol 1932296815604634, first published on September 2, 2015, doi:10.1177/1932296815604634
- S. Lazem, “On Learning Ecologies in the Smart City: Lost in the Wild?”, Position paper in the Critical and participatory development of people centered smart learning ecosystems and territories workshop at the 5th decennial Aarhus conference, Aarhus, Denmark, August 2015.
- S. Lazem, A. Shoa’la, W. Sheta, and M. Elteir, “Designing Low-Cost Technologies to Improve the Quality of Learning and Health Services in Future Egyptian Smart Cities – Three Case Studies”, Accepted Paper in the 1st Africa and Middle East Conference on Software Engineering, October 2014.
- A. Shoa’la, K. Basouny, A. Saeed, M. Ahmad, M. El-Kielany, and S. Lazem “ ‘Quick Guide’: Guided Navigation Technique for Indoors Emergency Situations Using RFIDs and Path Finding Algorithms”, Accepted Poster in the 1st Africa and Middle East Conference on Software Engineering, October 2014.
- S. Lazem, D. Gracanin, and S. Harrison, “On the relationship between changes in distributed system behavior and group dynamics,” in Proceedings of the 2012 International Conference on Collaboration Technologies and Systems (CTS), pp. 345-353, May 2012.
- S. Lazem, D. Gracanin, and S. Harrison, “Effects of context-sensitive delays on group dynamics in 3D virtual worlds,” in Proceedings of the ACM 2012 conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work Companion, CSCW ’12, (New York, NY, USA), pp. 155-158, ACM, 2012.
- S. Lazem, and M. Salem, “The Tale of Two Men – Facebook and the Egyptian Revolution.”, Poster in Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing (GHC), (Portland, Oregon), November 2011
- S. Lazem, A. Abdel-Hamid, D. Gracanin, and K. P. Adams, “Mobile Virtual Environments in Pervasive Computing,” in Pervasive Computing: Innovations in Intelligent Multimedia and Applications (A.-E. Hassanien, J. H. Abawajy, A. Abraham, and H. Hagras, eds.), Computer Communications and Networks, ch. 7, pp. 135-154, London: Springer London, 2010.
- S. Lazem and D. Gracanin, “Social traps in Second Life,” in Proceedings of the 2010 Second International Conference on Games and Virtual Worlds for Serious Applications (VS-GAMES), pp. 133-140, March 2010.
- R. McMahan, A. Alon, S. Lazem, R. Beaton, D. Machaj, M. Schaefer, M. Silva, A. Leal, R. Hagan, and D. Bowman, “Evaluating natural interaction techniques in video games,” in Proceedings of the 2010 IEEE Symposium on 3D User Interfaces (3DUI), pp. 11-14, March 2010.
- S. Lazem and D. Gracanin, “An experimental analysis of social traps: A Second Life analog,” in Proceedings of the 2010 IEEE Virtual Reality Conference (VR), pp. 283-284, March 2010.
- S. Lazem, D. Gracanin, and S. Harrison, “Collaboration in Second Life: Exploring social traps,” The Changing Dynamics of Scientic Collaboration: Workshop — ACM CSCW 2010 Conference, February 2010.
- S. Lazem, D. Gracanin, and A. Abdel-Hamid, “A game theoretic approach for modeling user-system interaction in networked virtual environments,” in Proceedings of the 2009 IEEE Virtual Reality Conference (VR), pp. 277-278, March 2009.
- S. Lazem, M. Elteir, A. Abdel-Hamid, and D. Gracanin, “Prediction-based prefetching for remote rendering streaming in mobile virtual environments,” in Proceedings of the 2007 IEEE International Symposium on Signal Processing and Information Technology, pp. 760-765, December 2007.
- S. Lazem, N. Adly, and M. Nagi, “A new index structure for querying association rules,” in Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications (AINA 2006), vol. 2, p. 5 pp., April 2006.
- S. Lazem and W. Sheta, “Automatic landmark identification in large virtual environment: a spatial data mining approach,” in Proceedings of the Ninth International Conference on Information Visualisation, pp. 752-757, July 2005.